About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Sunday, March 29, 2009

Post-Surgery: Day 2

I spent most of the past two days with no shirt on and still feeling a little too hot. I even started running my AC again, which I haven't used in months.

Yesterday, I had a mild sore throat and an occasional cough, but in my condition these symptoms were barely worth mentioning.

Today, we opened up the window to enjoy an outside breeze, but that bothered my allergies. I took some Benadryl for my itchy throat around noon. At 3:00pm I sent my parents away and dozed off for a half hour.

I woke up freezing. I put on my winter coat and a beanie and dug out my thermometer. I wrapped my legs in a blanket. I was seeing if I could stretch the time a little between Vicodins, but I guess I'm not ready for that.

After taking my temperature I ate some soup and took a Vicodin along with an Ibuprofen. I laid back down for a bit. I took another Ibuprofen a few minutes ago, my fever should diminish soon, and I should feel better by the time I'm done writing this post.

Basically, things are much better than yesterday. I have more symptoms, but more tolerable symptoms. It still hurts a lot to cough, blow my nose, and sit-up. However, it is easier to find comfortable positions both laying and sitting.

I was allowed to take a shower today. I took a nice long shower.

Today I have more ill, but less pain.

Last night I made sure I had two working Vicodins and an Ibuprofen in my system before going to bed. I was able to lay down without too much discomfort, but still could not fall asleep. After an hour or so I got up and took a pill to help me sleep. It did. (So I guess my insomnia isn't cured.)

Fevers are easy to regulate. I've already removed my winter jacket and beanie. In fact, I'm starting to get hot again. The problem with the fever is it makes me wonder if I'm contagious. I don't want my nice visitors to get sick.

Summary for day two: Iller, but Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment