About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Post-surgery: Day 1

I was discharged around 8:30pm. Orlando, my nurse, wheeled me out to the car. Despite recently being injected with my third medicine for nausea I still felt like I was going to throw-up. Fortunately, that subsided on the ride home. Having hardly slept in recovery I was anxious to go to bed. When we got home I had a small bowl of soup and a Vicodin and promptly went to bed.

Simple tasks like rolling over, sitting up, and going to the bathroom were all uncomfortable. However, I managed to fall asleep easily. I proceeded to wake up every hour (like clockwork) the entire night. Each time I woke up I went to the bathroom and had a very unsatisfying urination. My body was unable to relax and just pee it all out. So when I was done I still felt like I had to go, which makes sense because I did go again an hour later.

Despite waking up often in regular intervals I was able to fall back asleep quite easily. This was by far the most times I have fallen asleep easily in one night. Maybe my impacted gall bladder was causing my insomnia (only one night I'm not drawing any conclusions.) Overnight I didn't feel like I was going to throw-up, and the pain was tolerable. Overall, I would say it was a good first night.

However, today has been a little bit different. I think the drugs in the hospital were much stronger than what I have now. Each time I enter my bed, attempt to roll over, or sit-up I cringe. I tried to take a nap earlier, but it just hurt too much to lay down. When I find a comfortable position I don't want to move. I finally got comfortable in bed a little while ago, but unable to sleep I got tired of just laying there, so I got up. I seem to be okay in a sitting position.

My parents have been staying with me in my one-bedroom palace. We've actually fit okay, and there help has been appreciated.

Only, now do I realize why they said the recovery time could be two weeks. I guess I didn't really believe them before. However, I expect to be feeling much better tomorrow.

1 comment: