About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Monday, August 1, 2011

On-line Poker Scandal

In the past people occasionally asked me if I was nervous about cheating while playing on-line poker. They were insinuating people at the site could control the cards coming out. I dismissed that as improbable because the sites were so profitable I thought it was unlikely they would do this. A few times playing heads up my opponents accused me of cheating insinuating that I could see their hole cards. I would just respond something like, "thank you." Unusual cards coming out is part of poker. To me I didn't see anything more unusual on-line that I did in regular games. However, my judgments were based only on the sites I played on in the games I played.

I just now came across the story of a major on-line poker scandal. I'm surprised I don't remember hearing more about it.

A couple nights ago I was at a final table with Charles Woody Moore and his wife, Rebecca Makar. Apparently, he is a pretty well-known poker player and I thought I should look him up. We ended up splitting the money five ways, so the couple managed to take 40% of the prize pool. Rebecca was still alive with 24 players left in the main even the following day too, so apparently she knows a little poker too.

However, it was my research on Woody that led me to read stuff about Rebecca, who is associated with the scandal. Very interesting that I was just at final table with both of them a couple nights ago. For the record they did not conduct in any suspicious activity at the table. They both rarely played so the fact that I never saw them in a pot against each other did not seem unusual. I was shocked to read about how Russ Hamilton and others cheated on-line players out of millions of dollars.

Also, this article about Woody not only caused me to read more into the scandal, but also led me into looking up plenty of other images of model Victoria Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment