About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Emotions

Yesterday, I had an epiphany.

It was the first day that office staff reported back to work, and it was the first official day of our new principal. I went to work to talk to him.

I walked in and saw familiar faces in the office. I realized it. I want to keep my job. Not just teaching, but teaching here. I was happy to be back, and it felt right. I take a lot of ownership in my school. I want to be there, and I want the school to be successful. I am part of something, and I want to be part of it.

This was a big deal for a few reasons. One, it is nice to have my job back. But also I was proud of myself for making an emotional decision and reacting to my feelings about something. I am always very rational and make my decisions rationally, so this was a big step for me.

So I'm keeping my day job, and I'm excited about being back. (At least one more year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment