About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Don't Judge a Driver by His Honk

Let me try to describe the scene: I turn in to the first driveway of the parking lot. Then I roll through along the top of the lot. There is a pickup signaling left from the main road and two pedestrians along the sidewalk. I can tell he is waiting for them to finish crossing so I make a right into the parking lot. As he turns in behind me he lays on the horn. I hurriedly find a spot down that row and he parks several lanes away, but still going to the same grocery store.

I look out at his truck and his lights are still on and I see a guy pulling two shopping carts as he walks towards the store. I'm thinking maybe it is a store employee, but I don't see anyone else getting out of the truck. Still mad from being honked I walk right up to him and say, "Are you guy driving the truck?"

I recognize most people wouldn't get this worked up about the incident. I also recognize that most people wouldn't want to cause a confrontation with someone that just honked at them. But sometimes I'm not like most people.

We had the following exchange:

"Yeah."
"What are you honking at me for?"
"You jumped in front of me and you scared me."
"I assumed you were waiting for the pedestrians to cross first."
"You had had a stop."
"I don't think I have a stop sign there."
"Yeah, it is on the road."
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."
"No problem."

Did I mention it was raining and this guy was bringing in shopping carts just to help out? He turned out to be a real sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment