About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Morning

A week and half ago I had a disagreement with my boss about the time I was arriving to work. Typically, I was arriving between 8:25 and 8:35, and occasionally I would get there a little later. I know this is past my scheduled time, but I don't have a first period class and my first class doesn't start until 9:30. I'm only officially scheduled to work until 2:45 and I'm here until 4:30 or 5:00 every day. So I asked my boss if I could just shift my official time later and he did not agree.

So for the past two weeks I've had trouble sleeping, but I've been making it to work by 8:13, my scheduled arrival time.

The weather has gotten colder, but there is a problem with my heater so I'm been using a little space heater. The last few days it has been bouncing back and forth between my bedroom and living room. This morning I knew I needed to make breakfast and lunch and would need some time in the kitchen so after I showered I plugged the heater into the kitchen.

As soon as I turned the microwave on to heat my oatmeal I blew the breaker in the kitchen. So I moved the heater back to the living room, and tried to figure out what to do to get my fridge working again before I went to work. I have one extension cord that runs from behind my bed out to a couple lights so I dug that out and brought it out the living room. I rearranged the television and managed to get the chord to run out long enough to reach the fridge.

Then I brilliantly decided to finish heating my oatmeal first without unplugging anything else from the living room. So I plugged in the microwave and proceeded to blow the power in the rest of the house.

Now, I'm really stressed out because I have to make it to work by 8:13. My boss said I could e-mail him under extenuating circumstances and let him know I'm coming in late, but I would really prefer to use those on my bad insomnia nights, and not to get my fridge working again. However, I can't even e-mail my boss anyway because the power thus the computer is not available.

I go down to the garage and play with the circuits, but it didn't help. I knock on the new landlord's door, but she does not answer. So I called my dad and he gave me some instructions. I played with the switches again. I went back upstairs and the power was back on. Now I hurriedly finished making my breakfast and lunch.

In the process I managed to knock over a glass and break it. Which of course I attribute this to being rushed by an unnecessary start time and the broken pieces of glass in my kitchen are now a result of work stress. I picked up the largest pieces. There are still a few little glass splinters on the counter and floor I will have to get when I get home.

I finished my food, finished getting dressed, and left work. I arrived at 8:06.

It is good that I am arriving to work on time, because it gave me time to write this blog. Also, I didn't have time to make as much food for lunch as I had planned so I'm thinking about running over to Subway. Once I am at work on time it is okay for me to sign out and leave to go get something if I really need to, but not okay for me to get something before (or something like that).

It is 8:31 now, and I got to work on time.

2 comments:

  1. Punctuality. It's what makes America great. Only commies and hippies ask for flex time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame your boss couldn't be more reasonable. You're still putting in the time and getting everything done. Were there parents, students, teachers who needed to see you but couldn't? Unlikely.

    Glad you were able to fix your power problem. Made for an interesting read for me. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete