About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Champions of Life


A couple years ago I started captaining an ultimate team in the spirit league. I managed to get together some great people. We now have a terrific group of friends and have a little bit of history. Each season we've changed our team name depending on the theme of the league, but we've kept our yellow shirts. I've contemplated early retirement because of my knee, but right now my knee feels okay, and I'm enjoying the team too much. After our tournament victory this Saturday Alex sent the team the following e-mail:

Hola Team Vincent/Leinenkugel/Sally Ann Thunder Ann That's a lot of Ann's,

Good job today and congrats.

While excited by the win, I just wanted to tell you how proud I was to play with each and every one of you today. Everyone ran at 110% and stayed positive throughout. We constantly encouraged each other to shake off the drops, play hard D, and do our best individually but also as a team. Winning is nice, but even if we had lost I would have walked away feeling like we hadn't.

More than ever I can't help but feel that frisbee is a metaphor for life. Those teams that leave it on the field and challenge each other to move forward using positivity end up on top. We saw the alternative twice today. Y'all are awesome. I'd play with you any time, anyplace. Not to lose perspective, this is spirit league, and while a win always feels nice, it's only a small part of our world. I hope you all know that in the game of life, you are real champions.

Proud to wear the yellow,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment