About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Night Tonight

So the main sports bar in downtown Sacramento (MVP's) happens to be a block and half from my house. Before tonight I had been there for four of the Giants games this postseason. Twice I sat upstairs and twice downstairs. The upstairs is larger and more open, but both areas were quite loud.

The Giants won all four games I was there, and all four were dramatic, emotional one-run victories.

With a big game six tonight I decided to return to the bar to help the team get a much needed victory. We went to the bar nearly an hour early so we could get a good seat upstairs. However, when we got there we learned the upstairs was reserved for a UFC fight.

We were disappointingly relegated back to our spot downstairs. Near us were these cute young sorority-type girls that were taking up two tables. They seemed like the type more there for a good drinking game with a little bit of baseball mixed in. The other fans in the section were not great either. In fact there was a serious lack of orange and black being worn.

The game started and the Phillies quickly got on the board with two runs. The atmosphere still didn't feel great and our crowd was terrible. The girls continued to not really watch the game.

Then despite my 4-0 record at MVP's I called a major audible. I turned to Gio right there in the 2nd inning and said, "Want to go to your place?" He said without too much thought, "Yeah." We closed out our tab and left with a runner on first, no out, and down by two runs.

On the walk to my house via Gio's I-phone we learned of Torres' single and a sac bunt from Sanchez. We ran up the stairs at my house missing the Giants first run, but seeing a replay of Torres being tagged out at home. We watched them tie the game before jumping in the car and heading to Gio's.

Boche pulled out Sanchez early. We pulled out of MVP's early. Sometimes you have to make tough calls if it could help your team win.

After we left the bar the Phillies didn't score another run.

Bring on Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment