About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Friday, October 29, 2010

Grade Check

I have a student from last year that I invested a lot of energy into. This year I told her to come by and see me to give her a grade check form so I could monitor how she was doing in her classes. She came by at the beginning of the month and I told her to have it filled out by each of her teachers and come back to me before October was over.

She came in today (the last school day of the month) and said, "Mr. Burrill about that grade paper thingy. I couldn't get that done 'cause they like kicked me out of the school and stuff."

She went on to give several vague examples of why her behavior was not conforming to school policy. She mentioned a meeting, a court date, a possibility of being readmitted with a new schedule and a possibility of being on house arrest or in juvenile hall.

I'm proud of her for getting back to me before the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...everyone should have at least one person in their life that they respect. Thank goodness she has you.

    ReplyDelete