About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Saturday, September 25, 2010

Honduras

Our trip to the waterfall was one of our best days of trip. Learning the bus system of the country and doing the waterfall tour were both experiences we couldn’t get anywhere else.



Each of our excursions ended up being highlights. We had an amazing day rafting even though we didn’t even know we were going rafting that day. Our guide was a lot of fun as he initially gave us our instructions in broken English. Gio explained to me that when he said "estoy-op"that he was actually saying “stop.” Then I asked him to switch to Spanish, and we were more cohesive and it was a little more fun.

“Adalante! Adalante! Adalante! Pisooooo!”


Our guide and the Asian couple from the Bay Area that rafted with us.


Before we went on the rapid that was most likely to end up with us outside the raft he pulled over and we hiked past it so we could make the choice to go down or not. We elected to do it. I asked him if it was better with three people or four and our guide said that four was preferable. So we told the guy with us he need to come too, and his wife stayed on the side, but recorded this video:



It looked more intense in person.

Another highlight of our trip was our visit to the island of Cayos Cochinos. We snorkeled. It was beautiful. So was the Asian girl with us that despite spending four days hanging out with us never mentioned her boyfriend.


Doesn't really look like she has a boyfriend in this picture. She was adorable, and I think we look cute together.

We had one week of Spanish class. Gio managed to get the hot teacher, but I had quite a good time my instructor too. At one point in class I asked Maria which example to do next and she said, “Go ahead and pick. I’m sure you’ll do whatever one you want anyway.” She never had a student quite like me.


Gio's hot teacher on the left (my right).


In class with Maria.

During our week of language classes we lived in a nice house, shared a room with an AC, and lived with a very nice woman that despite consistently hosting students that were not native speakers never managed to slow down her speech. We also lived with a dog named Taco Bell.



Our bedroom.


Taco Bell.


Gio maintained his sense of humor and sarcasm regardless of what language we were speaking. Occasionally, people didn’t understand him, but that happens here too. One time it resulted in me accidentally ordering this drink:


There were often random rain showers while we were there. It was weird. One moment it would be hot and pleasant and one minute later it would be pouring rain, and five minutes later it would stop. One night it didn't stop. It rained so hard we didn't know how to make it from the bar back home. The taxi took us as far as he could go. Then we had to wade through the flooded streets.




Good trip.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you tell stories about your trips. And I'm totally jealous about that rafting trip. I so want to do that!!!

    ReplyDelete