About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A response I never expected to say

The night before I left for St. Louis I had a party at my house to celebrate the end of my school semester. The next morning around 9am I got a call from the wife of one of my friends. She asked me if I knew where he was, and what time he had left my house.

“I haven’t heard from him. He left here early, before midnight. I would be worried.”

She replied, “I am.”

She asked if I had ideas on what to do. Who should we call first? The police? The hospitals?
I was worried. He is a considerate guy. I thought of a few possibilities in my mind. All of them bad. Real bad.

From the airport I called his wife back.

“Any news?”

She replied back with a hint of frustration in her voice, “He’s in jail.”

I responded with all sincerity, “Oh, that’s great! I’m really glad to hear that.”

I was. I've never been so relieved in my life to hear one of my friend's was in jail.

I still haven’t heard his side of the story yet, but I’m seeing him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment