About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Not Yet...

I did not choose to get legal representation this year, but my colleague just showed me the most recent letter from our lawyer. Some of you know about my situation, but really this does a good job of explaining why I am getting pink-slipped now and did not earlier in my career. Let me know if you would like further clarification or information. (skipped-- means skipped from being laid-off.) This does not mean I won't be offered my job back, but as of now have do not have it.


5. MATH SKIP: The District skipped 25 junior math teachers because they held a single subject math credential, which authorizes them to teach calculus and trig. The District stated that it did this because of the need for calculus and trig teachers. We noted for the Judge that only 6 of the 25 were teaching such classes and that one of the 25 taught in middle school. The Judge found that skipping based on that evidence was improper and that math teachers who hold a foundational level math credential can teach most of the high school math courses. We read the decision to call for 18 rescissions in math. The District did not read it that way. Today, it informed us that because it expects all 25 to teach calculus and/or trig next year (which seems impossible given that only 6 did this year) it is not rescinding any additional math layoffs. Expectedly, we are reviewing this as part of our potential challenges of the District’s actions. Bottom line at this time, there are no further rescissions in math.

2 comments:

  1. How did I spend six hours with you Saturday and not know about this?

    Actually, I already know the answer. I think it is a Y-chromosome-linked trait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, I read this this morning for the first time.

    ReplyDelete