About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Processing

Late one night just before Christmas I finished watching American Beauty. I jotted down my thoughts before I went to bed:

The movie ended. We stood up. My brother-in-law turned to me and asked, “What did you think?”

I responded, “I’m not sure yet.”

The movie: American Beauty.

The next day I thought about it and went back to him and acknowledged that I liked the movie. That was over ten years ago. Now, without cable and internet at 1:30 in the morning I just finished watching it again. Alone. For the first time since I’ve seen in the theater.

What did I think?

I’m not sure yet.

After I read the cover and among the descriptions it read the movie was “wickedly funny.” What does that even mean? Is that like some New Englander telling me, “That movie was wicked funny.”? Or is it actually wicked?

The movie left me thinking a few things:

Do I need to sell my car?

Should I try to avoid watching movies alone?

I need to get internet again soon.

I need to go to bed.

The next day I woke thinking about the movie, and (just like I did after the first time) decided that I really did like it. Incredibly well-done movie. However, it was a lot to process.

Give it a day.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen that movie, but I get it.

    wicked? funny? or wickedly-funny? or whatever that was. it was a lot to process.

    ReplyDelete