About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dreaming

I went out late last night. I went to bed about 3am. I woke up the first time at 6:30, but went back to sleep. In those morning hours I was doing quite a bit of dreaming.

My last dream:

I was in some kind of fancy McDonalds in a college town. They had TV's up all playing the same show. They also had this glass case thing where three mannequins came out dancing in sync with the television program. I was there a while noticing the other patrons, and noticing these dancing mannequins that looked very real. Finally the dream climaxed with the whole restaurant getting up and dancing in sync with our robotic friends leading the moves. Then the dance number in the show stopped and it went back to a dialogue scene, along with a collective groan from our McDonalds crowd.

Or something like that.


But before that I had this dream:

I was with my girlfriend at some kind of casual food place on a Saturday morning. We are about to leave and I notice this fairly attractive girl crying. I say something friendly to her and we strike up a mild conversation. My girlfriend mentions our plans for the day and I think to myself, "I don't recall agreeing to any of that." Then I ask the girl if she is going to be okay. She says no. I ask her if she would like me to stay with her for a bit, and she immediately nods yes. It was a facial expression that said, "yeah, that would really be nice for me." I say to her that I will stay. Then I said in a voice I think intentionally a little too loud, "I'm not sure that it is okay for me to just stay with you." My girlfriend responds, "Uh... I can hear you right now." She shoots me this look that says, "You better not dare stay to hit on this girl right in front of me." I signal back so the other girl can't see to say, "She is crying," She responds letting me know that she was well aware of the crying. The implication was, "I know she's crying, but it would be totally inappropriate for you to stay with this girl probably just cause you think she is attractive..."

I look back at the girl and say, "I'll stay with you, but just for a little while." My girlfriend leaves mad. And I offer to play catch (with a Frisbee I had with me for some reason). She accepts the offer and we stand up to toss. (Then I woke up).

Who wants to explain that one to me?

8 comments:

  1. McDonald's represents the American culture, the tv's stand for today's technology, the dancers are marketing that grab everyone's attention and the customers represent the common people that willingly buy into all of it, as obsurd as it is. They groan because no one wants to go back to how it was before.

    I don't know that I should touch the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really looking for the interpretation of the other one. Go ahead. Take a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The casual restaurant symbolizes the relationship you are in now. It's casual, and relaxed like Saturday mornings.

    The girls do not represent actual people, but general representations of relationships.

    In your dream, your girlfriend represents the idea of you having a committed relationship; maybe becoming more serious than you are now, or being married, or whatever. This is not necessarily to the girl you are with now, but may be. The point is she's only the conceptual idea of a committed relationship.

    The crying girl represents other people's relationships that you have seen; she's conceptual. She was possibly "attractive" because the relationship(s) she represents looked good.

    The deduction: Because you have seen the hurt in other people's relationships (the girl crying), you are cautious to move ahead with your own (why you let your girlfriend leave mad).

    Simply put, you don't want to leave the casual relationship you are in and move forward with future plans because of the hurt you've seen in other relationships.

    It's a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who are you?
    And how did you come across my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are trick questions. Is it good to be me? or bad? I can't tell.

    Do your dreams make sense to you? I've had a number of creepy dream experiences, like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you be blessed with love, faith, favor, and fulfillment in all that you do, Kevin. You are a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Crap. Whoever you are, thank you!!! I'm the girl he's with now (well wasn't with then, technically, but now we're ambiguous. He had the dream during our "break- up" period before the now "ambiguous" period.)

    Kevin- can I write this on your blog?

    Anyhoo, THANK YOU, Anonymous! That explains alot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey anonymous, I don't know how you know if I'm commenting on this, but I just posted a new dream. Want to take a shot?

    ReplyDelete