About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Monday, August 24, 2009

Letter from a Student

I got this e-mail on myspace from one of my students yesterday:

Even though I didn't participate in class all that often, either I was absent or I was just spacing out, I have learned a lot from your 6th period class during the 2008-2009 school year. I admit, I didn't learn as much math as you would have expected, but I have learned life values I could not learn elsewhere.

People care. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done wrong - there is always somebody who cares. No matter how many times you've had to tell me to pay attention or walk me through what I did manage to slightly understand, you've never given up on me or any of your students.

Be respectful. Above all, be respectful. Even if someone shows disrespect to you - you show respect to them. It's like a cycle, sometimes unfair but it's the way life should go on.

Never give up. This is something I've learned from you specifically, not your class. A lot of students acted up in class and even tried arguing, but you never gave up. You were always there for your students, and that's what counts. You were there as a teacher, a friend, and above all, a role model.

The list goes on, and most relate to determination. Of course, I've also learned my fair share of math.

---I've been studying over the summer. Getting ready and preparing myself for High School. I hope to do better than I did in Middle School. Oh yeah. I'm doing well, and yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment