About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Monday, August 5, 2013

NuvaLife: Scam Site

Last night I discovered I have had a reoccurring monthly charge on my credit card of $19.95. This is from an online purchase I made at the end of 2011. Only now did I go online and read reviews about the company. It is a scam company that automatically enrolls you in a membership with the goal that you will pay the monthly fee before you realize it. They must be pretty successful at this because they apparently have 24-hour on-line customer support. Below is my conversation with Nick at 11pm last night. To think I was just trying to get the LaraBars a little cheaper than the $1.65/each they charge me at Trader Joes.


Nick Adams> Hi there.
Nick Adams> Greetings.
Kevin Burrill> Hi Nick
Kevin Burrill> I have a concern
Kevin Burrill> I recognize this is my fault for not checking my monthly statements and realizing I was a member with you
Kevin Burrill> But I don't understand how I ever became a member in the first place
Nick Adams> Please allow me a moment while I pull up your account.
Nick Adams> Thanks.
Nick Adams> Thanks for holding.
Nick Adams>  Burrill Kevin CA Sacramento 95828 ???
Kevin Burrill> that's correct
Nick Adams> As per my record,
Nick Adams> you joined the membership when you placed your order with us for "LARABAR® - LARABAR, Chocolate Chip Brownie, 1.6 oz (16 Bars)".
Kevin Burrill> I didn't know I joined. I was just trying to buy some Larabars
Nick Adams> Also, record shows that
Nick Adams> you contacted our call support to get this membership canceled and
Kevin Burrill> I just did that tonight when I realized I was a member
Nick Adams> a refund in the amount of $19.95 was also issued to you.
Nick Adams> Please note that joining membership was not automatic nor obligatory
Nick Adams> You specifically agreed to the Terms of Offer of membership to join the membership.
Kevin Burrill> It wasn't automatic? Then how did I join?
Kevin Burrill> Did I check a box with my order?
Nick Adams> You agreed to the Terms of Offer of membership on the checkout page to join the membership.
Kevin Burrill> I have no recollection of that
Kevin Burrill> Do you find it odd in two years as a member I have made zero additional purchases?
Nick Adams> No, I do not find it odd because
Nick Adams> you yourself joined membership nd it was upto you whether to place any further orders
Nick Adams> at the discounted prices or not.
Nick Adams> You should have read the terms of offer very clearly before agreeing to them.
Nick Adams> As per our checkout procedure,
Nick Adams> every customer has to check a box him/herself to confirm that they had read and agreed the terms of offer.
Nick Adams> Once any customer does that it is not our responsibility to check whether they have been placing any order in the 2 years or not.
Nick Adams> Still as a courtesy $19.95 refund was issued to you.
Kevin Burrill> could I have made my purchase without being a member?
Nick Adams> Yes, you could have and that is what I am trying to explain to you that
Nick Adams> on the checkout page,
Nick Adams> you had 2 options:
Nick Adams> 1 was to place the order as a member and other was as a non member.
Nick Adams> Had you placed that order
Kevin Burrill> As a courtesy could you refund me another $370.05?
Nick Adams> without joining the membership,
Nick Adams> you would not have been charged for the membership fee.
Nick Adams> but you would not have availed the discounted price and free shipping offer.
Nick Adams> I am sorry but full refund can not be issued to you.
Nick Adams> Though, please hold while I check with my manager for any further available refund to you.
Nick Adams> Thanks.
Kevin Burrill> Let me know what you can do for me
Kevin Burrill> Maybe we can meet half way or something
Nick Adams> Thanks for holding.
Nick Adams> As a courtesy, I have issued you further 2 months refund in the amount of $39.90.
Kevin Burrill> Okay. Thanks Nick. I appreciate your help tonight.
Nick Adams> Now total refund issued to you is 59.85.
Nick Adams> You are welcome.
Nick Adams> Is there any thing else I may assist you with?
Kevin Burrill> Nope. That was it.
Nick Adams> Thank you for chatting with us and have a nice time.
Nick Adams> Please rate my support services.
Kevin Burrill> This is a very interesting business plan you guys have.
Kevin Burrill> Ok.
Nick Adams> Good Bye.

1 comment:

  1. This sounded like such an awesome deal that I wanted to see how I could become a member, but alas, their website says they aren't accepting new members. Looks like you were part of an elite club. Too bad you cancelled.

    ReplyDelete