About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Sunday, November 21, 2010

Missing the Point

As a teacher I e-mail the parents of my students on regular basis to keep them abreast on what is happening in my classroom and at the school in general. Overall, the parents are very appreciative of this communication. Last year at the end of the year I wrote them one final e-mail. I said playfully in the e-mail:

I’m sure a few of you are wondering how to nominate me for teacher of the year or something. I don’t have an answer. I have no idea how any of that stuff works. However, if you want the principal’s e-mail address let me know and I will e-mail it to you so you can send her a note. (Hopefully, only to say positive things about me.)

One parent decided to take me up on my offer. She wrote a nice response to me thanking me for my hard work and dedication to the students. She sent the e-mail to both the principal and me.

But she included my initial e-mail at the bottom.

1 comment: