About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Friday, April 2, 2010

Bad Dreams

I have a reoccurring a nightmare. I've talked to other teachers and I guess it is pretty common among teachers. It seemed to stop for a while, and then it was infrequent-- until this week.

Each time it is different. The setting, people, and events are always different, but the general idea is that I'm teaching a class and the students are not listening to me. Usually it involves a room that is way too big, a class that has too many students (some that I recognize, some that I don't) and me running a round like a crazy man trying to get them under control.

Today's was a different. My kids were fine at first, but they were using my room as the hallway to prepare for the rally. It climaxed when they drove a car through the classroom and my coworker told my students, "Don't mind us; you guys just focus on your math problems."

Tuesday, I I even swore directly at a kid. Not just like a case when profanity is used casually. I was yelling at him.

It happened Monday morning, Tuesday morning, and this morning. All three times it was the very end of the morning after I had woken up once and had fallen back asleep.

And I'm on Spring Break.

What's up with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment