About This Blog:

On my main blog I try use humor with the goal of depicting my thoughts in a way that will entertain the reader. On this blog I write my thoughts without any goal in mind.

I would suggest not reading further.


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cold Hard Truth

So I decided in January to start a new segment with my AVID students. I'm going to title it "The Cold Hard Truth with Mr. B." Each session I will discuss the reality of a specific issue.

I am going to brainstorm my ideas on topics here.

  • You can't change other people
  • Myth: Everything happens for a reason
  • Not all AVID classes are created equal
  • Not all AVID classes are taught by me
  • Life is not fair
  • Some things in life will be tougher for you than they were for me
  • Drugs can cause you to do things you'll regret
  • School's a Game-- Make sure you get enough points to win
  • Some people still live with prejudices
  • You can go your whole life without ever getting into a physical fight
  • Carrying a gun will make you more likely to get shot at
  • There is a reason certain money for college is out there for minority groups-- if you qualify go for it.
  • Some people in your life may not be good role models; find good ones
  • There is stuff to learn from your elders
  • You don't have to live paycheck to paycheck

1 comment:

  1. You could use "myths" as your theme...as in, Myth: Life is Fair.

    ReplyDelete